Medjool Dates, about 8-10 seeded (I buy mine at Costco)
1/2 cup Chocolate chips
1 cup of nuts (I like to combine cashews and almonds)
1/2 cup flax seed
I like to use craisons, dried cherries, coconut (the healthy kind from
the health food store). I just add about 1/2 a cup or so. :)
1. Put the nuts, chocolate chips and flax seed (and any other DRY ingredients) in the food processor and grind. Remove the mixture and set aside.
2. Place the dates, vanilla and any other dried fruit in the processor and grind. Be careful not to overwork the motor (I did and needed a new processor). The mixture will become a paste.
3. Add the nuts and grind them together. You're mixture should look something like this:
4. I make a loaf out of the mixture and cut it into bars. I do this by mushing the mixture together in a big ball and loosely wrapping it in saran wrap.
5. Then I use a large knife to make flat ends on the smooshed loaf. I put the loaf (still wrapped) in the fridge to harden a bit.
6. Remove the loaf and cut into bars.
I sometimes end up with a mixture that's too dry. When that happens I just add water 1 tablespoon at a time until it holds together in a ball. These taste just like Larbars and are sooooooooo much cheaper!!!!